Living your life basically comes down to a choice of three options:
1. Live for yourself.
- Have as much fun as you can have. Live with the moment. Don't do the thing the others say you should be doing. Do whatever fuck you feel like doing. YOLO.
- For example: Have sex. Play music. Travel.
- Live hedonistically. As long as you do not hurt the others while doing it. Just don't. It's bad.
2. Live with your friends and family.
- Settle down. Embrace your close circle of family and friends. Have kids and raise them well.
- Lead your life in a romantic and peaceful way. That's why it's usually the most steadily happy one. You can't go wrong with this option.
- That's why most of people in the world choose it.
- Moreover, you cannot deny it's a good way. It's healthy for you, your family, and your friends. It's good for society as well (if everybody lived like that, it propably would be in a very good shape). It's good for prolonging the human race and our culture. Thus, propably that's why this way has been promoted since forever in almost every civilization and religion.
3. Live for the society and its' future.
- Make the world a better place. Try to improve it.
- Use the talent you have. If you have been gifted with it, you should be using it, right? Not wasting it.
- Avoid living just for yourself and your own happiness.
- Examples: Find a company. Serve as a volunteer in some NGO. Become a doctor. Engage in local/world politics. Educate.
That would be it, at least when it comes to the optimum options.
Of course, you can mix them.